Gold | Silver | Bronze
Sterling Silver & Oxidized Silver:
1. The best way to prevent tarnishing is to store clean, dry sterling silver in a dry airtight container, like a ziplock bag.
2. Don’t leave silver jewelry in the bathroom. Humidity can speed up the oxidation process that produces tarnish.
3. Minimize sterling silver’s contact to chemicals (hairspray, perfume, body lotion, bleach, etc.) and do not wear it the shower, swimming pool or hot tub.
4. A general rule of thumb for silver jewelry: it should be the last thing put on before leaving the house, and the first thing removed when returning home. This will help minimize your jewelry’s contact with perfumes, lotions, and other chemicals.
Natural Bronze & Bronze with Patina
1. For the most part, the care for Bronze is similar to Silver. Do not wear in the shower or store in a humid environment.
2. Most of my bronze already has a patina and this again will change color over time; however this change adds to the natural color of the piece.
3. The body chemistry of some people will tarnish the piece sooner than others. Bronze may cause a little skin discoloration on some people depending on the pH of the skin. Please check with the recipient for any metal allergies before purchasing.